American Legislative Exchange Council
About the Organization
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is the nation’s largest nonpartisan, voluntary membership organization of state legislators dedicated to the principles of limited government, free markets, and federalism. ALEC accomplishes this mission by educating elected officials on making sound policy and providing them with a platform for collaboration with other elected officials and business leaders.
About the Role
ALEC is seeking a full-time Accountant to join their team. This person will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for the recording, updating, reconciling, and reporting of financial information in compliance with established policies. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in accounting. They will be detail oriented and have a strong sense of alignment with ALEC’s mission. This position is located at ALEC’s headquarters in Arlington, VA with the option to work a hybrid schedule with days in-office and at home throughout the week.
- Traditional financial and accounting activities
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Help with the preparation of monthly/yearly financial statements
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business is strongly preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to travel for organization meetings (~5%)
- Passion for the mission of ALEC
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the organizations mission, as well as your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.