The Development Coordinator assists the Vice President of Partnerships and Engagement in working with our private sector and nonprofit partners, in addition to current and prospective philanthropic partners in our fundraising efforts. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist staff to grow our membership portfolio, manage the grant cycle, research prospective donors, correspond with donors and prepare for annual meetings and events.
Primary responsibilities include supervision of mailings, internal management and maintenance of donor database and tracking and compiling donor data. The Coordinator should have superb organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to diplomatically prioritize demands. There is wide room for growth and personal development. Travel is required throughout the year at ALEC conferences assisting the Vice President of Partnerships and Engagement with networking and donor outreach.
- Maintenance of donor database and compiling donor data
- Organize reporting and tracking systems
- Responsible for all acknowledgement letters for donations
- Assist Vice President of Partnerships and Engagement in all fundraising efforts
- Maintain prospective donor list
- Opportunity to write copy for grant proposals and reports
- Manage member and donor correspondence
- Expand ALEC external relations by attending events
- Superb organizational and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to prioritize demands
- Demonstrated aptitude for written and oral communication
- Apt in research and analysis
- Leadership, teamwork and humility
- Awareness of social media engagement best practices
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to quickly learn various database and software platforms (Salesforce or CRM familiarity)
- Firm commitment to the principles of limited government, free markets and federalism
Light travel is required.
- 0-3 years
E-mail a resume, writing sample and a cover letter to Marie Vulaj at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.