ALEC on Income Inequality
- ALEC does not advocate, lobby or pass laws in any state—simply put; ALEC is a forum for the discussion of ideas.
- All model policy can be found on the website; none of which is related to paid sick-leave.
- ALEC does support market-based wage determinants.
- Member companies of the American Legislative Exchange Council employ over 33 million workers and support policies modeled to benefit all Americans alike.
- ALEC believes that focusing on opportunity inequality rather than income inequality reveals the underlying causes of that income disparity and thus, education and workforce model policy can be formulated to keep the best interest of each individual at the forefront.