Private Sector Membership
Private Sector Membership Overview
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is the premier free-market organization for state legislators. We provide elected officials with a forum for continuing education and the resources they need to make sound policy based on the principles of limited government, free markets, and federalism.
Working together, American Legislative Exchange Council public and private sector members present real solutions to create a stable and predictable business environment and grow jobs, opportunity and economic security.
ALEC members work together at the intersection of policy development and real-world application. Through research, evaluation, analysis and information exchange, the American Legislative Exchange Council collaborates with government, the private sector and the public as they develop state-based policies that improve the lives of millions around the United States.
ALEC policy staff provides non-partisan research, policy analysis, expert testimony and reference materials on a wide spectrum of issues, including the Rich States, Poor States: ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index, the Report Card on American Education and EPA’s Regulatory Train Wreck reports.
Membership in the American Legislative Exchange Council provides business leaders the opportunity to participate in policy discussions and network with other industry experts and legislators from across the country.
Washington Circle – $7,000
- Discounted registration rate for ALEC meetings
- Discounted exhibit booth rates
- Access to publications and staff research
Madison Circle – $12,000
- All benefits of Washington Circle
- Invitations to ALEC leadership-only events
- Two (2) complimentary registrations per meeting
Jefferson Circle – $25,000
- All benefits of Madison Circle
- Three (3) complimentary registrations per meeting
Private Sector members have the opportunity to join any American Legislative Exchange Council task force. Getting involved in one of ALEC’s task forces benefits both our organizations. You and your company get the benefit of working hand-in-hand with our legislative members and staff, helping with our strategic thinking, developing model policy, and gaining intelligence from our task force programs and events. Likewise, our legislators and staff benefit from your company’s counsel and insights into how policies and regulations impact real-life business decision making. Our task forces meet twice a year at our National Meetings in July and December.Task force membership is $5,000.
- Each ALEC task force membership includes one voting representative and one alternate representative
- Task force voting representatives have the opportunity to debate, discuss and vote on model policy
- Opportunity to serve in task force leadership positions
- Priority speaking opportunities at state and national events
- Ability to present critical industry issues for deliberation by task force members
- Ability to engage in state-specific education efforts based on ALEC model policy
- Assistance from staff on model policy, research and analysis
- Regular email updates on comparative state analysis and policy trends
- Access to the task force roster
- Media and public affairs services
- Invitations to member-only events
- Opportunity to present on ALEC’s media platforms