The American Legislative Exchange Council seeks an Outreach Coordinator to join its high-energy, high-impact partnerships team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, outgoing and have a desire to help grow the nation’s largest nonpartisan, individual membership association of state legislators.
The Outreach Coordinator will support and refine the legislator engagement and local elected official programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate ALEC’s 50-state state-level membership recruitment operation with the SVP of Partnerships and Engagement and regional outreach staff
- Coordinate the American City County Exchange (ACCE) with program leaders
- Assist in maintaining Salesforce database
- Support ALEC’s State Chairs program
- Coordinate the Legislative Member renewal process throughout the year
- Assist with membership materials distribution and acknowledgement letters
- Collaborate with the Accounting Department
- Assist in setting up appointments, meetings and events
- Seek opportunities to network, attend meetings, conferences and opportunities to showcase ALEC
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Partnerships and Engagement
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals, especially elected officials
- B.A. in political science, communications or similar or past internships at nonprofit or state policy organizations
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce is highly desirable
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, and to travel up to 20% of the time
- A commitment to the mission of ALEC
Qualified candidates should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this role and salary requirements
- 1-3 writing samples of your choice
E-mail a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to Marie Vulaj Ray at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.